Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Flood Waters

Even when it seems like you cannot make it anymore God is telling and showing you that you can, while you think that you cannot keep your head above the waters God is keeping you afloat. Today was such a bleak day, it rained, I woke up late for class, I was extra tired, I failed an exam, I am in financial need, I was a little depressed, and on top of that I am fasting. But you know through all of that crap (not the fasting, that was good lol) I endured today, I must say that God is really good; He is better than good. He has been such a comfort to my soul, and given me peace about every ugly thing in my path and in my life. I truly have to thank God because I got down today about school and money and he clearly said to me "I will provide". If I know anything about my walk with Christ and relationship with the Father, God is teaching me patience and that he is in control. I learn daily that God is God all by himself and that he does not need any help; I know that every time that I fret and become fearful I try and put my hand on a situation and try and control it. Every time that I do this I fail miserably, and I drown in my sorrows and disappointments. But through salvation I am saved, I love the book of Psalms because it always speaks to my spirit and uplifts me out of my funk. David is always praising God and making his request known to God. Psalms 69 is my newfound favorite, or at least for today until God gives me something new. This scripture hit home today because I was drowning, and I couldn't swim; but you know what God pulled me up when I lost my footing and had not foundation:

Save me, O God;
for the waters are come in unto my soul.
I sink in deep mire,
where there is no standing:
I am come into deep waters,
where the floods overflow me.
the floods engulf me............
But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD,
in an acceptable time:
O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me,
in the truth of thy salvation.
Deliver me out of the mire,
and let me not sink:
let me be delivered from them that hate me,
and out of the deep waters.
Let not the waterflood overflow me,
neither let the deep swallow me up,
and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.

He truly wants his people to reestablish themselves in Him, He does this by reaffirming our faith in Him, and in the fact that he loves us and will provide for us, all we have to do is call out to him and submit to his control and authority. Let Him take control and watch the flood waters recede. God Bless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment