Monday, February 22, 2010

There is Power in the Name

What name do I speak of you ask? His name is Jesus, you know the man that gave his life so that man could live. We seem to forget that his name is all powerful, the bible says that God honors his word above his name, So if Jesus is the Word made flesh that means that God honors jesus and everything about Him; especially the name of Jesus,this being so because Jesus is his word incarnate. So just think about that, the power that the name has is all powerful. You figure that God honors Jesus, why because he made a sacrifice that no one else could. That sacrifice merits a praise and honor in itself. I was put in a situation that I had no control over, and what God was trying to teach me is that I can't control anything; but there is one who can control all things because they are his. So if I Christ is in me, an I in Him that means that at the utterance of his name my situation will change. Have you been in a situation where the winds of life are blowing out of control try this: Speak to the winds and say "In the name of Jesus, Son of the Most High I command you to be still". I guarantee that your situation will change. There is salvation in no other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12) The whole point behind this is faith, believing but not seeing and hoping in something greater than ourselves, believing that all expectations will be met. We have to get to the point as the people of God where we will not quit, we will not give up, and we will not be swayed; but we will get to the point were we believe solely in God's word, which is His Son Jesus Christ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment